Sunday, March 21, 2010

Preparing For Crewsmas

The first match of the 2010 season vs. Toronto at home is coming up this weekend and so that means it was time for me to get my banner plans ready for the Saturday. And yest I sit here on this lazy Sunday afternoon, I still find the need to do another banner or two. This week is known as "Crewsmas" by us Columbus Supporters, a play on words with Christmas, and all the goo tidings of joy that holiday brings. Crewsmas is a special time of year to me personally for several reasons. The first is the two and-half hour trip to Columbus and the thoughts of the camaraderie of being amongst the Nordecke, singing and chanting. Secondly, a new season, means new hopes and just seeing our team playing after a long winter off season is good for morale. Another reason I like Crewsmas is because I can start to plan more banner ideas. This first match the supporters in Columbus, Ohio have planned a tifo display for the first match. The details have been kept under strict confidentiality, but I can't wait to do my part in helping with the atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment