Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CREWiSM







This off season I thought I would be making a buffet of banners and two-sticks. I've only made three because a hobby from my past crept back into my life. It's a hobby that has come to the point where this will probably become a full-time thing, if not this season, surely for future ones.

I started drawing cartoon-like caricatures of baseball players in Japan in the late 1990's. I stopped but have brought the drawings back in the form of the Columbus Crew Soccer Club. Part of my several likes of Japanese things is the anime/manga. I would decide that the name of my comic would be CREWiSM. How did I come with this title? Well, honestly, my wife came up with the name and I found the font. The suffix -ism in CREWiSM can best be define this title as things Columbus Crew, but in a gag comic sort of way. The font for the title is called Bad Mofo, which I consider the Columbus team to be, out of my own bias. If broken up, the word Crew Is M in bad English could stand for Crew Is Massive.

1 comment:

  1. All of the manga characters you've shown on BigSoccer are awesome. I can't wait to see what you do with them all.

    ReplyDelete